12 December, 2006

just a little bit more...

Completed the binding on the log cabin - now for my favorite part....settling down on the couch with the warm quilt on my lap and stitch the binding onto the back of the quilt. Hopefully it'll be done on time to show the finished quilt at Quilt Group tommorow!
It's one of the few times I've completed a project within a deadline. I normally don't like to work with one, but it does help to get things done! My mind is already thinking ahead to the next project, the Dear Jane quilt, and making some more Cathedral Window blocks. As it's also the end of the year and I decided it would be nice to take inventory of my sewing room, organize things a bit and see what treasures I may have stashed in there that are waiting to be re-discovered and appreciated all over again...
who know's what will inspire me in that closet? who knows what project will come out of that?

In the meantime, in the real world, once the binding is sewn, there's a stack of shirts that need new buttons or buttons re-sewn and pants waiting to be taken in, and folds of linen waiting to become curtains.....oh joy.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, I'd love to be settling down on the couch with a warm quilt right about now... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails