14 February, 2007

another first....



Well, that was that! My first border on my first sampler "round robin" is completed! My contribution are the little green squirrles. It was a surprisingly difficult theme, so difficult to find oak leaves, acorns, or anything that would fit in this border sampler! A learning experience it was too. It's been many, many moons since I've done cross stitch, so it took a bit of fumbling and fiddling to get used to the way Alie's stitches crossed, and deciding whether I would work horizontally or vertically. The back is not the way I'd like it to look, but the front is neat.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I can begin working on my red & white sampler! Yippee!...or so I thought....
I'm helping Nicole (our stitch leader) make a log cabing quilt! Yes, another one! This time a true scrap log cabin made up of many, many reproduciton fabrics. I've showed her how and she's already made a few blocks and they are wonderful.
It's a simple block, but the log cabin never ceases to surprise me! As soon as I've made a few I'll post.

Well, back to the sewing machine. It's a drizzling, grey cold & day here in Holland. Perfect for making beautfiul things.

2 comments:

marni said...

awww, sweet squirrels and good job. I spent a happy half hour in the local quilt shop buying some various pink fabrics- No not quilting but making "bike heads" (do rags for under the bike helmet) for my sister and I to wear on the breast cancer tour up the Mississippi in May. Still feel no temptation to quilt but love looking at the fabrics. Now the squirrels on the other hand have me eyeing my unfinished sampler of Dutch farmhouses.

alors, marni

Heidi said...

What a great idea to make do rags with quilting fabric! I can't wait to see what they look like!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails