03 July, 2007

SBQ of the week july 3: The Choices We Make

From Renee

Do you consider yourself a “floss miser?”

Not really, but I do have the tendency to want to keep going and fiddle with a tiny piece of thread just because I want to finish a line, or part of a motif. Not wanting to break my rythm, I'll keep going as far as possible.
Since I'm currently only working with DMC thread, I'm not too fussy about being miserly, but am careful not to waste, because DMC is not cheap here in the Netherlands, compared to, say, the U.S.

In the near future I plan on working with silks, and then I would be miserly or at least try to work more efficiently, like using shorter needles (if I can ever find them here!) - silks and hand-dyed threads are much more expensive and there no sense in wasting perfectly good thread, no?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails