22 August, 2008

SBQ of the Week: August 21, 2008

This week's SBQ was suggested by Dawn
and is:

If you had to choose, would you rather spend money on overdyed floss
or hand-dyed fabric?


Gosh, that's not an easy one.
I have very little or no experience with either as yet, so it's tough to choose.
Having said that, I think that I'd choose for the overdyed floss. The subtle changes in the colors would perhaps "pop" against a plainer background linen, and working with such a floss I'd enjoy - seeing the changes in color value with each stitch. The same could be said for the opposite, but hey, you asked me to choose!

A good question that will certainly make me look into using overdyed flosses and trying them in my work.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello Heidi,
Birthdays, injuries..and where have I been? Sneaking through Blogland I suppose and very lazy about visiting and commenting. Should have a lot to show for all my "free time" but if you look on my blog there is nothing much there!
Hope things are getting a bit better around your place...and a very Happy Belated Birthday to you.

Jennifer said...

BTW, don't forget to send me your snail mail address for my PIF.
jsutherland1@earthlink.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails