10 September, 2008

I went to the Quiltersgilde in Arnhem..





held in the Eusebiuskerk in heart of this beautiful and historic city with my friend Diane and not only did we enjoy the wonderful quilts by fellow members of the guild, but I brought back some souveniers/goodies (of course! ) as well:



some fun fillers for the stash collection......


and some cool taupes....

The works were wonderful, the quilts varied in styles, sizes and colors, and I was personally pleased to see a bit more traditional quilts hanging with surprising twists that made them refreshing and memorable.  It was good to see familiar faces, meet and chat with new ones. How easily we laughed with fellow quilters!  

The day was refreshing and inspirational and  while I should have been exhausted and weary from pain, I felt charged and energized, inspired by what I saw and the conversations I had.  It's also  made me consider the question that has been asked of me - when I would submit a quilt of my own, but I'm a bit scared to do that as yet.  

I really did try to take some shots of the event to share with you, but many just didn't work out the way I wanted, but here are a few....













The last one is my favorite!  The fountain was glowing and sparkling and kids were playing in it in their underwear.  Not very wordy today - still tired from the long but wonderful day I had and my sewing room, which I started to re-organize ( and to dig up and photograph some UFO's for the blog- a promise I intend to keep to Heidi) is still waiting for me, plus not a stitch has been made yet either for a quilt or cross stitch project, so I must say "adieu" and get on with it!

see you next time!



5 comments:

corry said...

By seeing your photo's it looks like it was a wonderful show with many beautiful quilts. I'm sorry that I've missed this one, so thanks for sharing!

Carol R said...

Beautiful quilts - love the water fountain!

Greenmare said...

oh thank you for sharing all those fabulous pictures! I love seeing the different quilts!!! it's so exciting to see what quilters in other countries come up with, thank you thank you!!

Heidi said...

Hi there Heidi! I am back and trying to catch up with blogging friends today. It sounds like you had a fun day out. I so know about the being so tired and hurting and yet feeling so energized by being around other quilters and seeing nice things.

I am hoping to finish one of my UFOs before the end of the month. One more to cross off my long list. I will start taking some photos too this week so we can get the UFO confessions post out. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a beautiful place to hold a quilt show! blessings, marlene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails