28 April, 2010

coasters

I really wasn't in the mood to work on one of my larger projects today, but still wanted to feel like I did something that was on "the list" to finish, so I sat down and made 8 coasters.  I've made these before for friends as gifts, and finally I made some to match the neutral colors in our living room.  I found some Japanese fabrics scraps left over from a previous project, and here's the result:


I really need to make little projects more often!  It feels so nice to have something done at the end of the day to enjoy!  That, and it keeps the hands busy while I decide what to work on next.  I always seem to have a period of time where I don't do much after completing a large project.  There's so much I'd like to work on, that I don't know what to work on!  Ever have that?

But now it's off to make a shopping list of things I really do need to continue and finish some projects.  Tomorrow I'm off to the European Quilt Championships in Veldhoven to meet with friends and enjoy some beautiful quilts.  As far as shopping goes, I will try to stick to what I need, and not come home with yet another bag full of fabrics!  Perhaps just a few to make a modern wall quilt for the living room...?  With the wonderful weather we've been having here, no matter what I come home with, it will be a great day!

4 comments:

doris said...

Love those coasters! Your baby log cabin blocks and klosjes are wonderful.

Rhonda said...

It's fun to work on something other than quilt blocks sometimes....those coasters are looking good!

Anonymous said...

I love your coasters. They are beautifully made. What pretty fabric as well. You are right, finishing something quickly is SO nice...such a feeling of accomplishment!!

Anonymous said...

I love your coasters. They are beautifully made. What pretty fabric as well. You are right, finishing something quickly is SO nice...such a feeling of accomplishment!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails