26 August, 2010

Summer's over...

But that doesn't mean I've been idle.
I managed to make 3 quilts, all gifts for children, two of which I can show you, the third, I can't yet because it's not been given yet.

The first one was for my dear "sister" friends' first daughter, Analicia.  I was so pleased to be able to give this to her personally while on a visit in New York this summer!  I wish her many warm cuddles with this quilt....

Analicia's quilt

A detail:






When my next door neighbor asked me to help her make a quilt for her daughter's 9th birthday, I of course said "yes" and well, not only was a little girl chuffed to bits with her new quilt, a new quilter with lots of talent is now in our midst....




not bad for a first quilt, no?




her butterflies...

The third quilt?  I can't show you that yet.  It's done, but the new owner hasn't received it yet.  I can tell you it's a very special baby quilt that I made for a dear friends' first baby...

Uhm...what else have I been up to?
With all those finishes, I thought to treat myself to a new project.  Yes, a new quilt is in the making, but this time it's a sampler:




Oh, and wanting to make the moment I saw it, the Hannah Gilpin 1800 sampler from Needleprint


I'm keeping this one short and sweet, tomorrow is going to be a long day, but I'll tell you about that later.
At least now you don't have to stare at pretzels anymore...lol!!

see you soon,
Heidi

2 comments:

Adele said...

Hello

I love love that rabbit fabric used in the quilt, would you happen to have the name of the fabric. Lovely quilts.

Adele xx

Riet said...

Heidi, ik zie dat je met de Hannah Gilpin bent begonnen. Wat mooi met die kleuren, het lijkt heel anders dan het origineel. Zelf heb ik hem meegenomen op vakantie en ben best lekker opgeschoten. Als ik er mee verder ga plaats ik een foto.
Ook zag ik dat je de Anne Grimshaw hebt gemaakt, wat mooi, deze staat heel hoog op mijn verlanglijstje.
Succes met het vervolg.
Groetjes Riet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails