06 June, 2011

to the stars....

As promised I was going to share my new project.  Here's the first block:



After spending time taking courses on learning all sorts of techniques on the sewing machine, and becoming comfortable maintaining and using it, the time came to go back to my quilting roots and sew by hand.  Perhaps a bit ambitious, starting with a Mariner's Compass, but I think this block turned out all ok.
The last time I made such a block was when I took a beginner's quilting class, many moons ago.

I fell in love with the background fabric, and given it's vintage look, went for scrappy, randomly placed rays.  I'll make a few more and see how that pans out....




2 comments:

Janine said...

wow, wat is het toch mooi.
Ik ben er niet bang voor dat dit heel erg mooi zal gaan worden.

groetjes janine

cauchy09 said...

oh, wow! this is some masterful sewing. wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails